Giving of Treasure
“As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” 1 Peter 4:10
Queen of Apostles parishioners are asked to prayerfully reflect upon their financial commitments to our parish and make a commitment to weekly offertory giving. Contributions may be made through offertory envelopes or through Faith Direct. Your weekly commitment makes it possible for our parish to financially plan and better steward your gift.
Faith Direct provides our families with the ability to contribute to our parish via electronic donation. For over 10 years, Faith Direct has served 500+ parishes in over 75 dioceses throughout the U.S. As a Level I PCI Compliant company, Faith Direct has the same security certification as Amazon, Google and Bank of America. For more information on how Faith Direct protects your data, see their info sheet here.
Here are some reasons to give through Faith Direct:
- You offer the first fruits to God (Proverbs 3: 9-10): By planning in advance how much you’ll give, you make it more a part of your personal and family budget.
- Better planning: Faith Direct enables the parish to more accurately plan cash flow and manage expenses. Faith Direct participants support our ministries even when they are out of town or unable to attend Mass – and they’re happy to do so.
- Simplicity: No more writing the checks; you’ll receive card to put in the basket every week. We also save the time not having to count up and deposit the money.
- Cost and time effective: eGiving helps our parish conserve resources. Faith Direct is more cost-effective than printing and mailing out envelopes, and the money we save can help us further expand our ministries.
To join Faith Direct, you can visit www.faithdirect.net and enroll online using our parish code: VA324. With online enrollment, you will be able to access your a
ccount any time to view and make changes to your account information and gifts.
Parishioners are also welcome to come to the parish office, and a staff member will be happy to assist you with setting up a Faith Direct account.
Did you know you can also Text-to-Give through Faith Direct? Just text the amount to 540-291-7284 or text “enroll” to set up continuous giving!
The parish office is responsible for bookkeeping, reporting, and budgeting for expenses and income. The Queen of Apostles Finance Council maintains vigilance of all parish finances and advises the Pastor on all major expenditures.
Parish Finance Council Members for 2020-21 include:
- David Cook
- Ryan Comisky
- Raul Fernandez
- Martin Gororo
- Edna Mercado (member elect)
- Clarissa Sacra (member elect)