Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School, Summer of 2017
Who: Campers are age 4 through entering grade 5 in the fall of 2017
Captains are entering grades 6 through 8 in the fall of 2017 (These attendees will help with the Assemblies, help at a station for two periods, have a period of formation, a Captains’ meeting, and a period for snack and Adoration.)
Guides are entering grade 9 in the fall of 2017 through adult (These attendees will run a station or lead groups of campers from station to station throughout the morning.)
What: Focus: The Holy Eucharist, Virtue: Initiative, Mission: World Eucharist Mission
- Daily Mass
- Assemblies: Introduce the Saint of the Day – Saint Edmund Campion, Saint Rose of Lima, Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Saint Paul, and Mary, Mother of the Family
- Missionaries in Motion: Discuss the Saint of the Day, the World Eucharistic Mission, and the virtue of Initiative
Where: We will sign-in and sign-out in the school.
When: Monday, June 26, 2017 through Friday, June 30, 2017 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM each day
Why: To learn about Jesus in the Eucharist, our faith, and have fun!
How to Register: Submit the following to the Queen of Apostles Rectory (4329 Sano Street, Alexandria, VA 22312) by June 5, 2017.
- Each family needs to complete and submit one Family Registration Form (this can be done online).
- Each participant (regardless of age): needs to submit an Individual Registration Form (this can be done online) and a Permission for Emergency Care form (This signed form needs to be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.). If a participant has need of access to medication, an Epi-pen, or an inhaler, during VBS there are other forms to be completed.
- Each Camper and Captain needs to have a completed and signed Permission Slip. The signed form(s) need(s) to be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.
- Each High School and Adult volunteer needs to complete and sign a Volunteer Risk Awareness Agreement. The signed form(s) need(s) to be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.
- Payment can be submitted online through Faith Direct or a check may be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.