Vacation Bible School (VBS), Summer of 2018
Campers are age 4 through entering grade 5 in the fall of 2018
Captains are entering grades 6 through 8 in the fall of 2018 (These attendees will help with the Assemblies, help at a station for two periods, have a period of formation, a Captains’ meeting, and a period for snack and Adoration.)
Guides are entering grade 9 in the fall of 2018 through adult (These attendees will run a station or lead groups of campers from station to station throughout the morning.)
Focus: God, the Father, Virtue: Balance, Mission: Thank you, Father
- Daily Mass
- Assemblies: Introduce the Saint of the Day – St. John Bosco, St. Catherine of Siena, St. John Vianney, St. Teresa of Avila, and Mary, Mother of K4J Stars
- Missionaries in Motion: Discuss the Saint of the Day, the Thank you, Father Mission, and the virtue of Balance
Where: We will sign-in and sign-out in the school.
When: Monday, July 9, 2018 through Friday, July 13, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM each day
Why: To learn about God the Father, our faith, and have fun!
How to Register: Submit the following to the Queen of Apostles Rectory (4329 Sano Street, Alexandria, VA 22312) by June 14, 2018.
- Each family needs to complete and submit one Family Registration Form (this can be done online).
- Each participant (regardless of age): needs to submit an Individual Registration Form (this can be done online) and a Permission for Emergency Care form (This signed form needs to be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.). If a participant has need of access to medication, an Epi-pen, or an inhaler, during VBS there are other forms to be completed.
- Each Camper and Captain needs to have a completed and signed Permission Slip. The signed form(s) need(s) to be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.
- Each High School and Adult volunteer needs to complete and sign a Volunteer Risk Awareness Agreement. The signed form(s) need(s) to be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.
- Payment can be submitted online through Faith Direct or a check may be sent to the Queen of Apostles Rectory.