Overview of Planning Study
Dear Parish Family,
All of 2018 has been a conversation of the needs of our Parish Family, and the opportunity of a Capital Campaign to finance the major renovations which our facilities are requiring. Together with the Finance Council and a small ad hoc committee we discussed these topics and decided to work with CCS Fundraising, a consultant with a long and successful track record of Capital Campaigns for Catholic Parishes.
Our first project with them has been a Planning Study. Through extensive personal interviews and online surveys, nearly 250 parishioners have participated in this Study. The feedback provided by you is important for us as we refine our needs and priorities.
The outcome of the study is a 60-slide Final Report which has been shared with parish leadership. I quickly wanted to share a synopsis of the findings with you:
- Eighty-two percent (82%) of participants had a “very positive” or “positive” view of Queen of Apostles.
- The parish’s top strengths were identified as the priests (Disciples), the community of parishioners, and the diversity of the parish.
- Core challenges for the parish include integrating the many diverse sub-groups into a cohesive community; the school and its future sustainability; and the condition and constraints of the parish facilities.
- On average, parishioners considered the highest priority to be the improvements to the Sanctuary. The second highest priority was renovating the rectory into a Parish Center, followed by the improvements to the school.
- One-third (33%) of parishioners thought $2,500,000 was a proper goal for a Capital campaign; however, over one-half of participants (52%) were unsure about the feasibility achieving the target and considered it a stretch.
- Nearly two-thirds (66%) of the participants thought that now is the right time to implement a campaign.
- Nearly nine out of every ten (87%) of respondents said they would consider making a campaign gift.
Based on what we heard from you, we are preparing to launch a campaign in early 2019. With these funds we will be able to address our priorities and needs like updates and improvements to our liturgical space, new school bathrooms, and having more space for ministry and pastoral activities in the Rectory.
I look forward to sharing more information about our plans and keeping you updated regarding the execution of the capital projects.
Fr. Leopoldo M. Vives, DCJM, Pastor